rawhide-xo 20090528

Sayamindu Dasgupta sayamindu at gmail.com
Thu May 28 18:24:25 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> Using 'copy-nand', flashed ~cjb/rawhide-xo 20090528.img to XO nand.
>
> My experience with rawhide-xo 20090528 matches that with 20090525.
>
> One significant fix that first showed up in 20090525 is that the OLPC
> keyboard (e.g., the Frame key) is now being recognized.
>
> One problem that showed up in 20090525 is that Sugar does not pick up on the
> 'Desktop' font size specification set within Gnome.  The result is that
> labels (e.g., in My Settings) are now really tiny.

I noticed this as well - and apparently the screen dpi for the
font-rendering mechanism is being set to 50 for some reasons. I tried
a modified build, but it did not work. I looked at the source code of
the part of GNOME which does this, and they have a sane-dpi-value
enforcing mechanism, which may be kicking in. I'll try to go deeper
into this.

Thanks,
Sayamindu

--