XO Special interest group at Sugar Labs

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Mon Sep 21 18:48:19 UTC 2009

For the past several months the OLPC/Sugar Labs ecosystem has been
getting requests to provide releases of more recent versions of Sugar
on the XO.

The leading effort in this direction seems to be the F11-XO1 project.
I would like to like to invite F11-XO1 to become part of the XO SIG.
I have been trying to articulate the project goals and gather momentum
across several groups.
1.  OLPC as a downstream.
2. Sugar Labs as a focus point.
3. Various ecosystem leaders to do pilots with current versions of Sugar on XOs.
4. Various testers to provide user level testing.

The goal of this groups is not to _fragment_ the existing efforts.
The goal is bring the various efforts together to form a critical mass
to help pull this propel forward.

david