[Fedora-packaging] RFC: howto to package LaTeX classes

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Sat Feb 26 23:58:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-02-26 at 19:50 +0000, José Pedro Oliveira wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Are there any recommendations regarding TeTeX packages?
>
>In particular I have a few doubts/questions regarding:
>
>   * license
>
>     Question:
>     Is the "LaTeX Project Public License" an approved license?

It's not an OSI approved license, but it is listed as a
"GPL-Incompatible, Free Software License".

I've updated the PackagingGuidelines with regards to licensing.
Basically, if its a OSI-approved license, "GPL-Compatible, Free Software
License", or "GPL-Incompatible, Free Software License", its ok for
Fedora Extras.

Thus, the LPPL is ok.

~spot
---
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Sales Engineer || GPG Fingerprint: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!