[Fedora-packaging] Updated kernel-module-packaging example with ndiswrapper (Was: example kernel-module package)

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sun Jul 3 16:34:02 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 17:25 +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 03.07.2005, 09:21 -0500 schrieb Tom 'spot' Callaway:

> > > - The main kernel-module package is now named
> > > "kernel-module-%{mainpkgname}-base" (if someones knows something better
> > > then "base" tell me).
> >
> > Perhaps instead of -base, it could be -source. I'm ambivalent on that,
> > really.
>
> Yeah, source might be better. Changed.

(Still has the -debuginfo problem.)

> Don't ask me why. Anyone any idea what's wrong here?

rpm's erasure ordering is known to still have problems (not only the
CLI; yum exhibits the same problem).  This problem is not limited to
kernel module packages nor leftover dirs; for example %postun scriptlets
are affected too (/boot/System.map-%{kver} may have disappeared in this
case).  Dunno if PreReq instead of Requires, or Requires +
Requires(postun) instead of Requires would help.