[Fedora-packaging] Updated kernel-module-packaging example with ndiswrapper (Was: example kernel-module package)

Tom 'spot' Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Wed Jul 6 14:39:41 UTC 2005

> > Personally, since the buildsystem is going to have to treat
> > kernel-module-* packages differently, I'd like to see it build them like
> > this:
> >
> > When a make build is done in kernel-module-foo/FC-3/, the buildsystem
> > assembles the sources and makes a SRPM. It then looks at a list (either
> > generated at buildtime, or preexistant) of the released kernels for
> > FC-3, and iterates through each of them, running rpmbuild --rebuild
> > --define "kver $VERSION". At the end of the loop, we should have all the
> > binary packages and a single SRPM.

Also, if possible, it would be awesome if the buildsystem could
automatically do a build when a new kernel goes into FC (for that kernel
only). Barring that, it would be nice if there was some way for
kernel-module-* maintainers to be notified of the new kernel update in
advance.

~spot
--
Tom "spot" Callaway: Red Hat Senior Sales Engineer || GPG ID: 93054260
Lemurs, llamas, and sparcs, oh my!