Re: [Fedora-packaging] Where to install examples to?

rc040203 freenet de (Ralf Corsepius) writes:

> I am observing packages in FE installing examples/demos to /usr/bin.
> Do people agree upon this to be good packaging practice or not?
>
> IMO, it is not, because
> * This gradually fills up /usr/bin.
> * Many such examples/demos are semi-functional or less and have never
>   been designed to be used by the public.

ACK; additionally:

* it may add additional dependencies; e.g. when haing a C project which
  ships a perl script as demo, the entire package will require perl.

  Packaging the demo into /usr/lib or as %doc will not help much as
  rpm generates deps for all files (inclusive %doc) :( So a separate
  subpackage will be the best solution.

Enrico