[Fedora-packaging] Kernel modules (was: Re: tpctl in extras missing dependancy for kernel-module-thinkpad)

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams ivazquez at ivazquez.net
Tue Jun 28 16:39:09 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 18:42 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> But anyway, even in the hypothetical case that i586 would be ignored,
> I'm not 100% sure how to implement i686 build only for the ix86 family
> in the build system, while keeping in mind that the modules should
> probably be built for x86_64 and ppc too.  %ifarch %{ix86} \ BuildArch:
> i686 \ %endif?

Clearly the kernel buildsystem (I can see this being separate from
Plague, at least in the beginning) would have to be able to parse
BuildArch properly in order to determine which archs it should be built
for. It *may* be possible to leverage rpmlib for this, but I don't have
time to look into it atm.

--
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams <ivazquez at ivazquez.net>
http://fedora.ivazquez.net/