[Fedora-packaging] Installing man pages

Jeff Pitman symbiont at berlios.de
Wed Sep 28 06:36:21 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 10:00, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> IMO, packages must own directories if they install their manpages
> outside of those directories provided by "filesystem".

Just thought I'd throw my 2c in here: making sure that there is a 1:1
mapping for pkg to directory is a bit pedantic.  What problem are we
(as in packagers) actually trying to solve?

rmdir will always fail upon package removal if a directory is in the
%files section.  This is silent and not visible to the user.

Requires based on directories are founded on a fragile footing.  If
requires based on directories were sufficiently robust, then, things
like python-abi or python(abi) never really needed to come out of the
framework.

Thoughts?

--
-jeff