[Fedora-packaging] Packaging/Guidelines - Usage of %{optflags}

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Wed Aug 23 14:12:56 UTC 2006

Hiyas,

at this time the Packaging-Guidelines do not mention whether or
not %{optflags} should / must be used. They are used everytime %configure is
executed, but there are also packages that do not have a ./configure script
and for this reason would not use the %{optflags}. The flags in %{optflags}
contain not only optimization but also security flags. For this reason I
suggest that the Guidelines state that they have to be used. This will also
help new contributors to know about this.

I already mentioned this in fedora-extras-list, but without much feedback, but
this may be the better mailinglist:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-July/msg00178.html

Greetings,
Till