[Fedora-packaging] Re: %posttrans scriptlet

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Wed Dec 20 16:00:55 UTC 2006

Rex Dieter wrote:

> I formally withdraw the iconcache proposal as-is, pending investigation
> of the previously unaddressed "needlessly updating cache multiple times"
> issue.

OK, %posttrans doesn't seem to work as I expect it to (on fc6).

(specfile attached)

%posttrans runs on installs (good), but not on uninstall (bad).  Any
ideas?  Am I misunderstanding it, or is this possibly an rpm bug?

$ rpm -q rpm
rpm-4.4.2-32

$ rpm -U posttrans-test-1.0-1.noarch.rpm
%pretrans:
%pre:
%post: touch
%posttrans: gtk-update-icon-cacheCache file created successfully.

$ rpm -e posttrans-test
%preun:
%postun: touch

-- Rex