[Fedora-packaging] PHP packaging policy notes

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Wed Jul 5 17:11:37 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 16:00 -0700, Christopher Stone wrote:
> On 7/4/06, Tim Jackson <lists at timj.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure what difference it makes whether they are rm'd or excluded.
> > They certainly don't want to be %ghost.
>
> I'll change the spec to %exclude and then we can just remove that once
> upstream fixes pear/pecl commands from generating those files.

Using "rm -f" in %install is more flexible than %exclude because it
doesn't actually require those files to be present; it would work both
now and in the future thus possibly avoiding some specfile forks between
distro versions, and would avoid the issue (well, probably a non-issue
in this particular case) with %exclude and rpm size calculations:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/89661