[Fedora-packaging] Java Naming Page

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Fri Jul 14 01:28:32 UTC 2006

I've added a Java Naming page to PackagingDrafts::
  http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/JavaPackageNaming

Feel free to review it and see if I've missed anything, misstated the
effects of naming according to a certain proposal, etc.

I think before anything can be decided we have to identify which of the
goals on that page (and any others that might be out there) are real
goals and which are not.  As lutter said, if it really is a goal to
allow interleaved updates between Fedora and jpackage repositories, then
the releases have to start with the jpackage version.

I have more ideas to place under the discussion sections but I'm going
home to deal with termites and a clogged sewer line so I might not get
to it for a while.

-Toshio