[Fedora-packaging] Yum Kernel Module Plugin

Jack Neely jjneely at ncsu.edu
Thu Jul 20 14:59:47 UTC 2006

Folks,

I did some work on the fedorakmod.py plugin for Yum a couple weeks ago
before I left for a bit of vacation.  I've returned *sigh* and haven't
seen any feedback from it.

The code is in yum-utils CVS and will be in that package the next time
its released.  I support kernel module upgrading (where an older module
needs to be removed to avoid file conflicts) and pinning the kernel
until the kernel modules the system uses are available for the new
kernel.

What functionality from the plugin would folks like to see in FC6 so
that we could be closer to having kernel modules in extras?

Jack
--
Jack Neely <jjneely at ncsu.edu>
Campus Linux Services Project Lead