Re: [Fedora-packaging] Statistics on usage of disttags in Fedora Core and Extras

On 4/7/07, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:
Christopher Stone schrieb:
> On 4/6/07, Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora leemhuis info> wrote:
>> I also plan to remove disttags from those of my packages that update
>> seldom, as I think it's just utterly confusing if there are packages in
>> FC7 that still have a disttag ".fc6" in it.
>
> huh?  How is this even physically possible?
> /me am confused.

You mean "Packages in FC7 that have .fc6 as disttag"? Easy: That happens
if a packages was never rebuild during a devel cycle. And that happens
quite often:

So in other words, when the release team branches devel to F7 they
don't do a rebuild on all packages like they should?

This seems just a little dangerous to me.  All packages should be
rebuilt on branches.  I am really quite surprised that this is not
already done.  There are already automatic rebuilding scripts, why not
just kick off a shell script?

I would think that checking that a package actually builds before a
release would be somewhat important...