Re: [Fedora-packaging] Statistics on usage of disttags in Fedora Core and Extras

On Monday 09 April 2007 12:55:37 Christopher Stone wrote:
> Ah I see. So, what is this yum-presto package I've seen recently and
> delta rpms? I don't know much about it, but it sounds like a solution
> to this "problem".

It lessens the problem but doesn't do anything for the amount of processing
time needed to process all these needless updates.

Checking to see if a package still builds correctly is more important
than a little extra processing time during upgrades.  I'm pretty sure
people expect full upgrades to take a bit of time.

Just my opinoin.