Re: [Fedora-packaging] Re: Full repo rebuilds

On Tue, 2007-04-10 at 15:33 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Just looking at what hasn't been requilt: Some packages like
> bitstream-fonts really don't deserve a rebuild (they also don't
> deserve a disttag FWIW), but others like bridge-utils that depend on
> kernel-headers at build time possibly do, and now we're running with
> bridge-utils built against 2.6.18.

But see, just rebuilding bridge-utils isn't going to be enough to get
any new kernel functionality[1]... you also going to want to get the new
release of bridge-utils.  And go through any bugs filed.

Automated rebuilds tend to hide things like this, which actually lead to
more problems down the line

Jeremy

[1] I don't know if there actually _is_ any in this case, but there is a
new bridge-utils upstream release from a quick look at the website.