Re: [Fedora-packaging] Using of date in snapshot versions

TM> For this reason I suggest to change the guideline, so that it
TM> suggests better identification strings for a snapshot, when it is
TM> avaiable, e.g.

TM> 123svn

TM> for a snapshot of an svn repository at revision 123.

The date must still be in there.  Some packages have used a format
like 20070412svn1234, which is acceptable although not strictly listed
in the naming guidelines as one of the possibilities.  (Which is
something that probably should be in the guidelines.)

 - J<