Re: [Fedora-packaging] Using of date in snapshot versions

On Thursday 12 April 2007 21:05:14 Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> JLT> Well, I've had this exact discussion at least twice before and
> JLT> it's always come down to precisely the scheme I indicated.
>
> Some bits from my IRC logs:

Seems we were in agreement with you here that something other than the date
could be used.

I think Michael is just being difficult here.  The date really doesn't help
because on Today I could check out a tag from 4 years ago and make it a
snapshot.  No more meaning full than an svn revision number, in fact, LESS
meaning full.

I'd fully support a draft to amend our guidelines around the snapshot stuff to
be more flexible for things other than date.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora