[Fedora-packaging] Re: Using of date in snapshot versions

On Thu, Apr 19, 2007 at 02:16:29PM -0400, Fernando Nasser wrote:
> Axel Thimm wrote:
> >FWIW if you're going to package svn sheckout the more or less
> >canonical "snapshot" tag is r<snvrevison>, e.g. prepend a lower "r" in
> >front of the revision.

> And a capital D for dates?

Is that a serious question, or is there a simley missing? :)

If it's serious: I suspect everyone can identify that something
matching 2006XXXX or 2007XXXX implies a date, and if not a capital D
won't help either.

If the similey was missing: Yes a capital D would be fine, but you
should use the proper locale, not everywhere does a date translate to
something that actually starts with a "d", at least in Greek it starts
with an eta. ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net