Re: [Fedora-packaging] Re: Using %global instead of %define

On Tue, 2007-04-24 at 21:46 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:

> We unanimously agreed to this, and we decided to take this even
> further to generally discourage use of %define in favour of %global. I
> created a proposal for the guidelines at
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/global_preferred_over_define

I agree with this in the case of large macro expansions or cases where
nesting might occur. Incidentally, there's a very limited stack size on
macro expansions (8192 bytes currently) that is an annoyance when you've
got deeply nested macros. I'd love to see that limitation go away :-)

Jon.