[Fedora-packaging] Re: Texlive packaging and "Errata packages"

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Aug 7 08:22:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 08:54:45PM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-08-07 at 00:31 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > On Mon, Aug 06, 2007 at 11:28:38PM +0100, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> > > I know Rex Dieter likes the errata package idea. I wonder what others think?
> >
> > I think that such decisions should be left to the packagers, as long as
> > it is not obviously wrong. A bit like split choices.
>
> Hey, OOo dictionaries are big... let's make errata packages for them
> differently for updates.

Oh yes, please, I have the feeling that all I'm updating lately are
these dictionaries ;)

I think for texmf the errata method is OK, after all it's one of the
largest packages (maybe the largest after openoffice?), and it would
allow the maintainer to be able to follow closer the texlive updates
instead of holding back updates because updates punish more than they
help.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net