Re: [Fedora-packaging] Re: why not %{_datadir} on fonts scripletsnippet

Nicolas Mailhot さんは書きました:
Le Jeu 26 juillet 2007 15:57, Rex Dieter a écrit :
Jens Petersen wrote:

I'll [wait] for responses before changing it to:
   %{_bindir}/fc-cache %{_datadir}/fonts
do it.  Maybe even go one step further, and either say change to
%{_bindir}/fc-cache <font_dir_actually_used_in_this_pkg>

Yes, actually it seems this is probably better and the right thing to do.

However, I'm not sure if pointing fc-cache just at this dir is worth
it. Asking it to refresh everything is safer.

It seems better since clock skew created say during firstboot can cause "fc-cache %{_datadir}/fonts" not to update newly installed fonts if the timestamp of %{_datadir}/fonts is ahead of the just installed fonts directory. This can actually easily be reproduced.

So I would like to second changing the %post scriptlet to pointing to the actual font directory. I am not sure yet if %postun should be changed too? The alternative would be always to use "fc-cache -f" but that is rather a heavy operation.

Jens

--
Jens Petersen
Internationalization Team