[Fedora-packaging] review guidelines vs packaging guidelines

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Thu Aug 23 10:49:01 UTC 2007

Le Jeu 23 août 2007 11:52, Patrice Dumas a écrit :

> It is not always worth creating a filesystem package for these cases.
> Simply having more than one package own the directory is simpler, and
> although not perfect, acceptable.

When two packages share a directory sure it's not worth creating a
separate package just for this directory. What I was suggesting was
more like the games SIG collecting all the stray directories in a
filesystem-games package, same for the perl SIG, etc Certainly there
is a level at which you can create useful filesystem packages without
falling in the whole-repository or single-directory package traps.

That being said multiple ownership is compliant with the strict
guidelines version, what I object to is no ownership as suggested by
the lax variant.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot