[Fedora-packaging] Re: Draft: Init Scripts

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 06:00:40PM -0500, Jesse Keating wrote:
> After repeated (heated) discussions over init scripts, I wanted to guideify my
> thoughts (and others) on this.  Can we have some discussion over this draft
> and vote at next meeting?
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/InitScripts

I would be more stringent than that and require packages to transit
into non-%config init files. E.g. to make a temporary exception and
explicitely say that this exception will be lifted later. The
migration should be done in the new package's %prein script.

Also a side-note: The text could be read as "all config information
must be under /etc/sysconfig", maybe this needs to be clarified to
mean any config bits, not already dealt with in the package's native
config space under /etc? I had a couple of times where people argued
that everything pertaining to configuration needs to be placed under
/etc/sysconfig, so the policy could be misread by them.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net