Re: OCaml and static linking (was old thread: Re: [Fedora-packaging] Issues with Ocaml and Static Linking)

On Sat, 2007-05-26 at 15:16 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > Could you add something to
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/OCaml
> > about this?
>
> I've updated that page, and built 8 libraries in that style.

Thanks!  To my un-OCaml eyes, that looks pretty good.  I have one
question:
'''
There are two scripts in the base ocaml package which automatically
calculate the right Requires and Provides for a library. To use them,
just add the following to the spec file:

%define _use_internal_dependency_generator 0
%define __find_requires /usr/lib/rpm/ocaml-find-requires.sh
%define __find_provides /usr/lib/rpm/ocaml-find-provides.sh
'''

The version of ocaml-find-* scripts that were posted to the list only
appeared to find ocaml requires and provides.  But OCaml can link to C
code as well.  Do we want to turn off the internal_dependency_generator
or do we want to supplement it?

-Toshio