[Fedora-packaging] tex related packages naming

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Fri Sep 21 05:45:51 UTC 2007

On Thu, Sep 20, 2007 at 07:53:32PM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-09-21 at 00:10 +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Could it be possible for the packaging commitee to decide on that issue,
> > please? The proposals are:
> >
> > * prefix with tex-
> > * no specific naming. Prefix with tex- when another package has the same
> >   name
> >
> > Could it be possible to have a vote/decision on that issue?
>
> Please pick one and propose it to us. (Or both, as they seem to work
> well together).

I can't propose one, since there are people that want one and other
that want the other. I am asking for a ruling by the packaging
commitee.

As for the Guideline change procedure, maybe this is useful in some
cases, but what I ask for is a precise question for an existing point
in guideline which is now wrong (use of the tetex- prefix), I don't
think that bureaucracy is neeed (in that case, it is different for
more complex guidelines).

--
Pat