[Fedora-packaging] can Blargg's NTSC libraries be included in fedora ?

David Timms dtimms at iinet.net.au
Tue Aug 5 15:13:37 UTC 2008

I am wondering if the following video processing libs could be included
in Fedora itself ?
nes_ntsc
sms_ntsc
snes_ntsc
These "perform NTSC video signal processing on an image, giving a result
similar to that of the game console connected to a TV and unlike that of
a simple palette-based image". To do this it would appear to need to
understand the hardware chips used in such consoles, but I find no
mention of patented or so techniques.

For eg: nes_ntsc, in it's current incarnation, require or BR only Fedora
packages. An out of Fedora game console emulator could use this library
to add 80's realizm to the Emu.

The author has released under the LGPL v2.1 or later. Would it be
acceptable to be in Fedora ?

DaveT.