[Fedora-packaging] Include ia64 tracker bug in review guidelines

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Wed Aug 27 08:02:43 UTC 2008

Michel Salim wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 12:43 AM, Debarshi Ray <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The package review guidelines [1] do not mention the tracker bug for
>> ia64 [2] to track 'ExcludeArch: ia64' packages. Should it not be
>> updated?

Yes, and the same for the sparc architectures IMHO.
(http://bugzilla.redhat.com/251073)

> Isn't ia64 a secondary arch? It can be hard for the packager and
> reviewer to notice an ia64 build failure since Koji does not provide
> an ia64 build.

Well if a packager hasn't had cause to try a secondary arch build, they
won't have found the need to add an ExcludeArch for that arch either. If
they've added one for whatever reason, it needs to be tracked the same
as any other arch.

The fedora-packager-setup script now includes koji configs for doing
secondary arch builds for those that are interested.

The secondary arch maintainers do rebuilds of most packages to create
the secondary arch releases, and the regular package maintainers get
task completion emails from koji that may alert them to issues with
their packages that they wouldn't have found themselves.

So I say yes, the trackers for secondary arches need to be referenced
the same as the primary arches.

Paul.