[Fedora-packaging] Updates to Eclipse Plugin packaging guidelines

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 15:52:44 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 3:53 PM, Andrew Overholt <overholt at redhat.com> wrote:
> I have a few updates to the Eclipse Plugin packaging guidelines.  They
> include some clarifications, typos, and updates for Eclipse 3.4.x.  The
> only bit of real substance is modifying the template to note how we're
> using the dropins mechanism for plugin installation in 3.4.x and above.

(Resurrecting this thread ...) So if I'm trying to package an Eclipse
plugin now (http://vimplugin.org), I should follow this advice and put
the jar file in the "dropins" directory, *regardless* of the version
of Fedora? That is, is 3.4.x the "live" version on all versions?

NB: These changes don't seem to have been applied yet -- I was looking
at the Wiki page earlier today and it clearly still had the old
version.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München