[Fedora-packaging] Should vim-X11 conflict with vim-enhanced ?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue Jan 15 13:50:18 UTC 2008

On Tue January 15 2008, Karsten Hopp wrote:

> I agree with the /usr/bin/vim stuff, but I think a better solution would be
> to add a conflict between vim-X11 and vim-enhanced. vim-enhanced is only of
> use on systems without X11/gtk. On all other systems vim-X11 can provide
> the same (and more) functionality as vim-enhanced.

Ah, the only possible problem I can think of would be that an "update" from
vim-enhanced to vim-X11 may not be possible. It should be possbile to do

# yum install vim-enhanced
# yum install vim-X11

and then vim-enhanced would be removed and vim-X11 installed. I do not know,
whether this works with only Conflicts: or if e.g. a Obsoletes: or something
else then needs to be added to vim-X11.

Regards,
Till