[Fedora-packaging] Submission of Haskell Packaging Guidelines for Review

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Wed Jul 2 16:33:04 UTC 2008

YN> There are still a few outstanding questions, but I think they
YN> could be better answered by the Packaging Committee rather than
YN> myself.

Could you perhaps post the outstanding questions?  It's a bit tough to
figure out what's what, and wiki conversion has flattened any nested
lists so the comments section just looks like a bunch of bullets..
Also, the new wiki has a proper discussion page; it might be simpler
to use that and keep the main page for just the stuff that's actually
guidelines.

I see the last thing on the page is a request for FPC to comment on
the casing of package names.  I note that unfortuantely there is
little concensus; Perl packages keep the upstream casing, but Perl
package naming is relatively consistent.  Python packages are
generally, but not consistently, downcased.

Personally I'd prefer just downcasing things, especially if there's no
upstream consistency and the tools employed already downcase things.

YN> Please let me know if there are to be any official meetings to
YN> discuss details about this, so I can be present.

Next meeting is July 15th, 17:00UTC.

Is it possible to get a couple of packages made according to these
guidelines?  I know there are a few in the queue, but I'm not sure how
they jibe with the proposed guidelines.

 - J<