[Fedora-packaging] Fedora Packaging Committee Meeting (Tuesday July 22)

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Mon Jul 21 17:22:09 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-07-21 at 17:54 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 12:58:39PM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> > >
> > > This meeting wasn't announced in the normal way (by a posting "Plan
> > > for tomorrows (DATE) ..." on fedora-devel-list), there are no IRC logs
> > > anywhere, no one asked anyone in the MinGW SIG to attend (and so they
> > > weren't there) and all we have is this fait-accompli message after the
> > > fact ...
> >
> > The Board meets (usually) every week on Tuesday. One meeting a month,
> > that meeting is public (IRC):
> >
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Board/
> >
> > This particular meeting was not public, thus, no one other than Board
> > members were invited.
>
> And IRC logs of this meeting ...?
>
> I notice people were at the meeting who aren't in FESCo.  OK, maybe
> technically they just happened to be there and weren't "invited", but
> I think it's in the interests of everyone to find out who said what,
> in the open.

The Fedora Board is different from FESCo. The Fedora Board holds its
meetings over the telephone (except for the one monthly open IRC
meeting).

Again, to reiterate, the Board simply said that it was in support of
MinGW in Fedora, but it should be separated, and that FESCo should
handle the technical specifics.

~spot