Re: [Fedora-packaging] New name for dhcp-3.0.5-42.fc7.src.rpm

When I need to do this I either configure yum to not update the
package, or build my custom package with an epoch.  Of course, you
should also arrange to watch the commits made to the package so that
you know when you need to update your custom package to match.  And of
course if you use epoch you will break things like upgrades to new
Fedora releases, but you have to be prepared to handle that kind of
thing anyway.

If you want to actually rename the package yet still have the
dependencies work, just have your package Provides: the old package
name.

 - J<