Re: [Fedora-packaging] Requires(hint):

TL> The correct response to this is to fix our tools so that you get
TL> an error if the parenthesized string isn't one of the accepted
TL> values.

I don't disagree, but "correct" and "workable" are different things;
as much as we wish it were so, we have to work with the rpm we have,
not the one we wish we had.  It's certainly worth trying to get rpm
changed, but this committee has in the past not had a whole lot of
luck with that, and so we write guidelines which take into account
rpm's issues.

 - J,