Re: [Fedora-packaging] Requires(hint):

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
I've seen packages using Requires(hint): and testing shows that
currently this is handled no differently from a regular Requires:.

I happen to think Requires(hint): is a horrible syntax, because
cognation with Requires(pre, post, preun, etc.): implies that some
%hint scriptlet will be run at some point, but that's neither here nor
there and I suspect that any upstream brain-damage is already a fait
accompli.

However, there's still the question of what to do with Requires(hint):
in Fedora packages.  Either we get rid of it or we need to document
what it does and what it might do in the future.

Strawman proposal: ban use of Requires(hint) in Fedora packages.

-1 to ban, this is (potential) rpm functionality at issue here, which should *first* be discussed with rpm maintainers before any action or policy be considered.

-- Rex