[Fedora-packaging] Packaging J2ME java midlets for Fedora. Is it possible ?

Mike F anyremote at mail.ru
Mon Mar 3 11:58:35 UTC 2008

Hi all

I was wondering if I should package J2ME java midlet for Fedora.

In general, J2ME midlets is java software which should be uploaded to cell phone to work.

Instead of ordinary J2SE java software J2ME midlet can not be compiled with IcedTea of Sun JDK only.
It need to installSun WTK or toolkits from other vendors (Nikia, Motorola...) in addition to do that.
These toolkits are free downloadable, but are not open source.

So, is it ever possible to package J2ME midlet for Fedora ?

Thanks
Mikhail