Re: [Fedora-packaging] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ASCIINaming amended

On Sun, 2008-03-23 at 18:25 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> I've made another pass at changing the ASCIINaming draft.
>
> To sum it up, I couldn't come up with a good reason for the other
> "special" characters to ever appear, and if someone ever did come up
> with a valid reason, well, that's what exceptions (and amending
> guidelines) are for. Now, only A-Z,a-z,0-9,+-._ are permitted.
>
> FPC members, please re-read this one before Tuesday:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ASCIINaming

I'm no longer in the FPC, but I will say that I like this proposal.  The
only thing I would change would be to add a suggest when
translating/transliterating to see what (if any) other distributions
have done for said package to maintain some sort of consistency when
upstream refuses to provide one.

--
Jesse Keating