[Fedora-packaging] Broken dependency /bin/sh?

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Mon May 19 18:23:58 UTC 2008

On Mon May 19 2008, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-05-19 at 17:14 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> > As this isn't the first time that this (broken deps reports citing
> > missing /bin/sh etc.) has happened, would it not be possible to add a
> > sanity check on the broken deps script to avoid the mails if "obvious"
> > things like /bin/sh are seen not to be available?
>
> It's possible sure.  Just not something I'm probably going to get time
> to do.  The code is in the releng git repo, in the scripts/ dir
>
> http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=releng;a=summary

I believe it is somewhere else because a "grep -Ri broken *" on a cloned
repository did not show the "Broken dependencies" subject that the mails
should have. I want to suggest to add a check whether or not the amount of
broken packages is sane, e.g. up to 100. And in case it is not, the script
could add a note to the mail sent to fedora-devel and maybe releng or whover
would have to take a look then or only skip the individual reports.

Regards,
Till