Re: [Fedora-packaging] rubygem with extension written in C

David Lutterkort wrote, at 11/07/2008 01:27 AM +9:00:
> On Thu, 2008-11-06 at 17:30 +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
>> One more issue:
>> I found that even for non-Gem packages many packages use "extconf.rb"
>> to create C library, and in such case "export CONFIGURE_ARGS=..." method
>> can also be applied.
>>
>> So I wrote another proposal to use this method even for non-Gem ruby packages
>> (on the last of :
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mtasaka/PackagingDrafts/RubyGem_with_C_code
>> )
>> I would want to know how you would think about this.
>
> Yes, that makes perfect sense, and should be required for gem and
> non-gem packages in the same way.
>
> David

Thank you. Again I updated my proposition wiki with reflecting your comment.
I think the current contents can be included in the formal packaging guidelines.
(The URL is still:
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Mtasaka/PackagingDrafts/RubyGem_with_C_code )

Regards,
Mamoru