[Fedora-packaging] README.Dist is preferrable to README.Fedora

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Oct 25 14:25:15 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 11:11:31PM +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:

> But README.fedora may be _really_ Fedora specific issue
> (e.g. for better performance another files are needed but packaging
> them altogether cannot be done due to Fedora policy, as you and I wrote
> on xtide-common package)

It may happen, to have something really fedora specific, and not specific
of a rpm distribution, but I think that this only happens for a tiny
number of packages. In fact I have never seen this case in real life. So
it seem to me that the guidelines should address the most common case
which is README.Dist.

--
Pat