[Fedora-packaging] README.Dist is preferrable to README.Fedora

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Sat Oct 25 15:54:54 UTC 2008

Patrice Dumas wrote, at 10/25/2008 11:25 PM +9:00:
> On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 11:11:31PM +0900, Mamoru Tasaka wrote:
>> But README.fedora may be _really_ Fedora specific issue
>> (e.g. for better performance another files are needed but packaging
>> them altogether cannot be done due to Fedora policy, as you and I wrote
>> on xtide-common package)
>
> It may happen, to have something really fedora specific, and not specific
> of a rpm distribution,

I don't care about other distrubution than Fedora.
Well, the file named "README.Fedora" I wrote is really what I meant
for Fedora. I don't want to take any responsibility for other distrubution.

The maintainers on other distribution may want to reuse what I wrote
for Fedora, but in such case the maintainer (of other distrubution)
must mention:
The notes Fedora maintainer writes are also applied to the package
distributed on this distrubition, so I bollowed the notes.

If you see something wrong on this notes please ask "me", not Fedora
maintainer.

Well, I think generally the package maintainer on a distrubution
must write the notes for the distrubution (if any) by his/her
responsibility.