[Fedora-packaging] README.Dist is preferrable to README.Fedora

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Oct 26 21:49:45 UTC 2008

On Sat, Oct 25, 2008 at 03:47:55PM +0200, Patrice Dumas wrote:
> Hello,

I have read some (about 30) of the 93 files in fedora packages named
*README*edora*. Some can be considered fedora specific (for example
those that states that the documentation cannot be installed since it
would conflict with another package), but many are not fedora specific,
but mostly explaination of how the package is different from upstream or
post-install informations.

In some cases, the bugzilla address or the maintainer address is
included in an otherwise not fedora specific package. I think that it is
wrong, bugzilla and maintainer name should not be communicated in each
package, but globally.

--
Pat