[Fedora-packaging] wordpress guidelines -- ping?

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 01:39:18 UTC 2009

On Thu, Apr 02, 2009 at 05:17:59PM -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Ian Weller wrote:
> > During the most recent meeting it was decided that I would be contacted
> > about a few issues with the WordPress plugin packaging guidelines;
> >   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ianweller/WordPress_plugin_packaging_guidelines_(draft)
> >
> > I wasn't contacted, but I did ask spot what the issue was, and he
> > reported that we needed to know if there would be a case where the
> > plugin may not function on either platform (mu or lack thereof). The
> > answer is a strong "yes" from upstream.
> >
> How do we tell when the plugin doesn't function?  If we can write that
> down in the guidelines, it will help stop people from using the template
> to create wordpress and mu plugins when the plugin only works on one
> platform.

If it's not in the README for the plugin then it's not likely that you
can find one small thing to be a whistleblower. The packager would have
to test it.

Understanding this, /most/ plugins will work on both platforms.

This OK to make that clear?
  https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=User%3AIanweller%2FWordPress_plugin_packaging_guidelines_(draft)&diff=94870&oldid=91805

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36