[Fedora-packaging] How to package a patched older version of libvmime in Fedora best?

Lubomir Rintel lkundrak at v3.sk
Sat Apr 4 07:37:03 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 03:50 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Lubomir Rintel wrote:
> > Well, not much of an issue if it has a caring and responsive maintainer.
> > The Security Response team tracks also embedded and old copies and
> > notifies their maintainers.
>
> Curious:  How do you track embedded versions?

Hm, looking at the fedora security CVS seems like my memories are fading
since I left SRT.

I was sure there was a file that lists known embedded versions of
software packages within others, but I can't find it. Probably it was
internal to Red Hat CVS. We've also been having an OpenGrok instance,
which is no longer maintained at the time. That was pretty handy to find
copied code anywhere.

So... it might be that I was wrong -- I can't really say now SRT
reliably tracks embedded copies of code. Current SRT members may know
better.

--
"Excuse all the blood" -- Dead