[Fedora-packaging] [Draft] The use of alternatives

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at iki.fi
Tue Apr 7 21:06:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-04-07 at 22:51 +0200, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> Hi.
>
> The UsingAlternatives draft[1] should now be ready for voting at the next
> meeting. I've just made some finishing touches. I'd like to include
> it in the agenda for the next FPC meeting.
>
> Regards,
> R.
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/UsingAlternatives

Maybe add a note about cases where the use of alternatives is NOT
recommended and environment-modules should be used instead, e.g. MPI
environments and so on. [Generally cases where multiple versions and
variants that offer different functionality need to be useable at the
same time.]
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor