[Fedora-packaging] Re: Agenda for the 2009-04-28 Packaging Committee meeting

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Tue Apr 28 14:31:28 UTC 2009

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> The Packaging Committee will meet Tuesday, 2009-04-14 at 17:00UTC in
> the #fedora-meeting channel on chat.freenode.net.

17:00 UTC will likely not work for me.

Therefore, votes and comments interspersed below

> FPC works from the agenda at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/GuidelinesTodo; here are some
> things which should be brought up for discussion at the next meeting:
>
> GConf scriptlets -
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/ScriptletSnippets/GConf

0 ... this proposal needs further discussion. It's way too complex and
way too intrusive to be able to comment on in a short emails.

> Globus -
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/Globus

In my understanding, the globus package set is an arbitrary set of
packages like many 1000 others in Fedora and therefore doesn't need
specialized rules in the FPG.
=> My vote: -1

> Compiler Flags -
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Compiler_Flags_(draft)
I would presume this kind of "wisdom" to be "elementary and basic
knowledge", people without should not package packages for Fedora.

Apart of this, this proposal is misleading ("should honor", IMO "must
honor"), partially wrong (make CFLAGS=... is wrong for modern autotools
based packages), ... I don't find this proposal helpful.

=> My vote: -1

Ralf