[Fedora-packaging] Fedora Packaging Meeting : Wednesday August 5th, 2009 :

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Sat Aug 8 09:33:56 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 13:17 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> filesystem subpackages:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/CreatingFilesystemSubpackages

I really think that the naming shouldn't be -filesystem, since it
doesn't represent the role of the package. IMHO filesystem is OK for
packages containing only directories (e.g. filesystem, kde4-filesystem,
but if the package contains also files then it should be called -common.

For comparison, at the moment I count 15 -filesystem packages in rawhide
compared to 115 -common packages.
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor