[Fedora-packaging] bringing back to life a package (drivel)

Andrey A.Kolov aakolov at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 06:39:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

I would like to pick up a drivel (blog tool) package. It is in the list
of Retired packages since July 2008, as upstream was frozen at that
time. Now it seems alive, new version was released in April 2009.

I have contacted Paul W.Frields (who has maintained drivel in Fedora)
some time ago and he was keen to offer me maintaining this package.

I have checked on koji
(https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1636387) and it
seems that old source are good enough to work on F11. My idea is to
bring old version to F11 now until I will finish accommodating new
sources. However, if this approach is not in line with rules and
policies I will be glad to follow your advises.

In any case, I will need some coaching. Is it possible for someone to
spend a little bit time with me on IRC (@fedora-devel, probably) to
understand further steps and actions ?

Thanking you in advance,

Andrey