[Fedora-packaging] bringing back to life a package (drivel)

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Sat Aug 29 07:50:41 UTC 2009

Hi,

> I have checked on koji
> (https://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=1636387) and it
> seems that old source are good enough to work on F11. My idea is to
> bring old version to F11 now until I will finish accommodating new
> sources. However, if this approach is not in line with rules and
> policies I will be glad to follow your advises.

You're better off using the old spec file (and possibly patches) and
building the new sources rather than the approach you suggest. In all
probability, you'll need to fix a pile of things, drop old patches, add
new patches, test, test and test some more.

> In any case, I will need some coaching. Is it possible for someone to
> spend a little bit time with me on IRC (@fedora-devel, probably) to
> understand further steps and actions ?

Unfortunately, I can't get to IRC, but feel free to ask any
questions :-)

TTFN

Paul