[Fedora-packaging] %doc killing files installed below %_defaultdocdir

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Feb 28 14:32:06 UTC 2009

On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 02:05:17PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> Still interested in feedback from more people.

In many cases, I remove things from the staged install
and use %doc, sometime with using temporary directory to have
a specific layout, with control over what gets installed.
For a complicated example, you can have a look at xbae. I take
the installed directory and then put it back in the source directory
and clean it...

There is some documentation you may want to expand on:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging_tricks#Installing_documentation:_2_paths

--
Pat